Travel in air-conditioned comfort, hear intriguing stories and learn the secrets of this unique world-renowned destination. We provide meals, beverages and snacks so all you have to do is focus on your incredible surroundings.
Combining luxury with exploration and discovery, this day tour is one of the most popular things to do during an authentic outback discovery holiday.
HISTORICAL ALICE TOUR HIGHLIGHTS
- School of the Air – Provides education to primary school children living on remote properties throughout the Northern Territory.
- Telegraph Station – The first European settlement in Alice Springs(originally Stuart). Learn how it relayed messages between Darwin and Adelaide for 150 years.
- Royal Flying Doctor Service – Delivers medical services and emergency
evacuation flights to those who live and work in remote rural Australia
- Anzac Hill – An amazing view of Alice Springs with the Spectacular backdrop of the MacDonnell Ranges.
All activities are considered very safe for all age groups. They do not require a high level of fitness or agility.
- Experienced, Friendly Guide
- Accommodation pick-up and drop-off
- Afternoon Tea
- Air-conditioned transport
- Entry fees
Please refer to the booking calendar for pricing.
Tickets for this town tour sell fast. Claim your spot today to avoid disappointment.
‘Effective 17 May 2023, a 1.6% credit card surcharge will be added at checkout and is non-refundable‘
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS: Historical Alice Tour
What are the departure and return times?
We leave at approximately 1:00 pm and return at around 5:30 pm.
Can I bring my family?
Yes. Children aged 2 years and over are welcome on our tour and are charged at a child rate.
All travellers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who will be responsible for their care.
What should I bring on the tour?
- Proof of booking (can include the e-version delivered to your email)
- Water bottle (at least 1 litre)
- Strong, non-slip walking shoes
- Hat (wide-brimmed is best)
- Casual and comfortable clothing (cool, light clothing is best in summer and warm clothing for winter)
- Travel pillow (we will be driving after nightfall)
How many people are on each tour?
We have a maximum of 21 people on each tour. You will travel in a comfortable air-conditioned bus.
How fit do I have to be?
There is a variety of short walks on this tour that can be enjoyed by all ages and fitness levels.